2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 shallots, sliced
2 large carrots, diced
7-ounces butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 pound young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 cup white wine
8 ounces linguine
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the linguine. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, squash, and carrots, and cook until vegetables soften, about 7 minutes. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add the kale and cook until kale wilts down, about 2 minutes.
3. Add wine and cook for another 5 minutes, allowing it to reduce.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked fettuccini, about ¼ cup of the water the pasta cooked in, and ⅔ cup of Parmesan. Stir to combine.
6. Transfer to serving plates, top with remaining Parmesan, and serve.
Credit: THE SCRUMPTIOUS PUMPKIN