From Carrie Post at Honey Hill Organic Farm
1 1/2 c. mixed nuts
5 c. chopped kale
2 c. chopped spinach
5 oz. bag dried cherries
12 oz. bottle of Three Cheese Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. organic brown sugar
6 oz. diced fresh Mozzarella cheese (optional). This adds a nice mix of holiday colors.
1. Melt butter in a medium sized skillet pan on low heat. Add brown sugar. Store for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped mixed nuts. Continue to stir for 7-9 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and let mixture cool completely. Set aside.
2. Chop kale and spinach into small pieces. Put them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Chop dried cherries. Set aside.
4. Chop Mozzarella if you’re going to use it and set aside.
5. Just before serving, add all ingredients to the greens and mix well. Stir in dressing a serve.